Renaissance man in the Knowledge Age Achieving more with less

Thursday 31 May 2007

Passing Note

It has been a couple of weeks since my last post and every day I have been telling myself I need to post. Well today, well this morning, well in the next 15mins I have feel I thought I would do a quick note to let everyone know what has been happening.
I have need rushed off my feet of late with projects so there will probably be some interesting post in the next few on web services and as I am doing some WCF stuff it will be web services the Microsoft way.
The troubling thing is that I am still seeing bad OO code, one of the projects I have been working on is a maintenance and extension job to an existing web application. Nothing fancy just Oracle, Beans and JSP in a MVC pattern ‘Struts’.
Yet again, the team that cut the original code throw out all the benefits of, of the hundred or so classes, only a handful have been extended, everywhere else good old copy and paste, almost brings me to tears. The result is that they are creating more work, which does not necessary equal productivity, hence not adding the GDP.
Oh well I know I could write two books about the subject but for now I have to move on, and kill a few bugs.

No comments:

Blog Archive

"It is not all about me"

View Ray King's profile on LinkedIn Add to Technorati Favorites Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License.